Organization: Ruston Lincoln Convention & Visitors Bureau
Position: Marketing Director
Category: Marketing and Public Relations
Reports to: President/CEO
The Marketing Director works with the President/CEO to identify marketing opportunities and develop short-term and long-term strategies for attracting overnight business and developing the tourism economy of Ruston & Lincoln Parish. The Marketing Director manages communication on behalf of the CVB, advertising and media plans, and public relations efforts.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to
· Provide support to the President/CEO in support of the mission of the Ruston Lincoln Convention & Visitors Bureau
· Work with the President/CEO to develop, recommend and implement marketing plan and budget on an annual basis
· Manage advertising plans from campaign conception to ad placement
· Promote Ruston and Lincoln Parish as a visitor destination to individuals and groups through the marketing plan and content strategy
· Manage printed assets such as the Visitors Guide, Dining, Guide, etc. from production to distribution
· Create plans and itineraries for travel writers, bloggers, editors, and media
· Author articles on Ruston & Lincoln Parish as a destination as requested by media and publishers
· Maintain ongoing support and communication with all groups/committees related to tourism development
· Represent CVB on relevant boards and committees including state, regional, and local organizations and actively engage with the state tourism office
· Participate in research and analyze industry to meet the CVB’s marketing objectives
· Minimum four-year degree from an academic institution in marketing or business
· Minimum three-year experience marketing related role
· Detail-oriented and excellent time management skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience with Microsoft Office programs
· Able and willing to travel
Send cover letter and resume to Amanda Carrier at email@example.com. Deadline to apply is Thursday, March 26, 2020.
Amanda is originally from Franklin Parish but is proud to call Ruston home. She's pretty good at the following: making lists, giving advice, picking produce, planning trips, and other basic Enneagram 1 things. Amanda has a passion for travel and tourism, event planning, and showcasing Ruston & Lincoln Parish. As the Marketing Director, she implements the marketing, advertising, and public relations plans for the CVB.